Tuesday, September 9, 2008

The fruits of Recruit-A-Friend

I have my computer back! And oh, the WoWing has been good.

Recruit-A-Friend has been amazing - I've leveled a Mage to 60 and used his grantable levels to flash-level a Priest up to 60 as well. Orgrimmar was duly impressed.

That's the Priest, Massor, on the left, and my new Mage Nicciter on the right. It took me about a week to level the Mage to 60, without having to play all that much - if you want a 2nd 70, RAF is the way to go.



In other news, I have a trial in Black Temple tonight with Kraklenheit Industries. A good friend of mine also has a trial, which is exciting. I hope we both get in - KI seems like a really great guild.

Even if I don't, though, it'll be good to raid again, especially in content I've only seen a couple of times.

Finally, a brief note. A few people have been asking me why I don't post beta news and analysis. Well... because a million other people do. They've pretty much got it covered. If something really grabs me, rest assured, it'll come up.

2 comments:

Feyjarl said...

So where did you level them? Following a guide?

I'm actually doing the same thing with the same classes (and race!), hit 20 a few days ago, but am finding that the progress is causing quests to grey out pretty fast.

Also found that the best quests are the kill creature ones, as oppose to "Go and get me 15 Moonscalp ingrowing toenails"

Any hints?

N said...

Well, I did two things, primarily.

First, quest hard - pick quests that you know how to do and know aren't a waste of time. Don't do quests that want you to collect lots of stuff - the strength of multiboxers is the abiltity to kill stuff quickly and share in the credit.

Second and have a 70 run you through instances. It'll get you about a level every 10 minutes (I'm speaking from my own experience - a lot of factors go into it) and lots of great loot to boot.

Good luck!