Wednesday, October 1, 2008

In which I make a movie.

Part of the reason for the dearth of posts, lately, is a secret project I've been working on - movies!

Oh, by the way... did I mention I'm in the beta? I didn't? Oh, silly me.

Here's my first effort, the only one that's finished - it's rough, but I really like how this played out. What happens is in no way scripted, and the fact that everything went horribly wrong and yet came out okay really shows off why Hunters are such a great class. In this first video, I've just tamed a Bear (literally tamed the Bear, flew south, and started filming.) Warning! This is beta stuff - don't watch it if you're very sensitive to spoilers.


Bear pet-tanking in the Wrath beta from Nick Slabaugh on Vimeo.

Future videos will be a bit more focused; this first one wasn't really meant for publication... I just loved how it happened to come out.

It's pretty clear to me that a Hunter or two with tanking pets could pretty easily tank normal instances - with Mend Pet alone, on a level-75 pet, it's this easy? Sweet.

What Bigredkitty says about Bears is true, out in Northrend - their Swipe ability often fails to connect because they spend a lot of time being attacked from behind. That said, the threat generated by Swipe, as I think was more than adequately demonstrated here, is nothing short of massive. Gorilladins are nice, but for tanking instances, I want a BEAR.

Only one question remains - is it Ooot-garde, or Uhtt-garde?

1 comment:

MD said...

Very slick! Behr looks like a pretty sweet tank... I know I've seen a warrior or two do worse in my day...

Also, quality job on the movie itself! Very entertaining :)