Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Recovering from the ban-hammer

I was banned. And, despite my pleas for a better investigation into the circumstances surrounding my ban, I'm going to remain banned. I won't try to convince anyone that my ban was unfair; those who know me know I'm not a cheater, and that's what matters.

I had a choice to make when the ban happened. I chose the Zen route.

I'm getting over it.

Meet my new 70s.

This is my Hunter. Formerly a farmer alt, I leveled him from 65 to 70 by the Friday after Black Tuesday. Now he's in some Karazhan gear and doing decent DPS.



This is my big scary Tauren Warrior, DPS spec at the moment so I can build up some gold to replace the multiple thousands that I lost.



Neither is geared quite like Nickiter was, but the gear comes in a lot faster than it did when Nickiter had just turned 70. Experience counts for a lot, but changes in the game have helped, too - 5-mans like Magister's Terrace can get a character geared up shockingly fast.

To be completely honest, there is a silver lining to having to start over with fresh 70s - there's a lot more to be done! Starting with greens, the upgrades are almost continuous. After the way it was with Nickiter, a constant stream of badges leading to an upgrade perhaps once every couple of weeks, it's a joy to get so much gear.

The blog is going to be a different place. Clearly, "Stayin' Frosty" does not apply so much anymore.

In addition, my feelings about Blizzard have been forever changed. Now that I know how insensitive they can be towards players, I feel it's wise to be a "defensive driver" when it comes to my characters.

Welcome back, or welcome for the first time if you're a first-time visitor from BRK. Here's to new beginnings.

1 comment:

Knurd said...

Welcome back from the god awful ban hammer. The biggest problem with them banning people is everyone just assumes that you were cheating when really cheating is a realitive term.

I will never understand what the deal is .. if you weren't hurting the other players directly, who cares?

Either way welcome back.