Monday, July 7, 2008

Piccolo!!!

Tonight, fed up with PuGs and the boring activities that have made up my WoW-life of late, I decided to go for some items I've always wanted.

First on the list - the Piccolo of Flaming Fire from Stratholme.

Simple enough to farm - run in the back, kill Hearthsinger Forresten, profit. Or so I thought.

I started on a friend's Rogue, both because stealth makes learning instance runs easier and because I thought it'd be a nice present, and quickly got the Key to the City and started farming. After 5 attempts and an instance lockout, I switched to my Hunter.

That's when the fun started.

Soloing Strat on the Hunter is time-consuming and fairly difficult. My pet is a DPS-pet, thanks to some laziness in leveling my tank-pet, but he does a good enough job... until an Eye of Naxx summons half a dozen elites and buries me. Feign Death... pet dies... rez, bandage, repeat.

After some frustration, though, I got the Key to the City on the Hunter and began farming Hearthsinger. 5 trips, no Piccolo. /cry

Back to the Rogue! His timer is up, and back in I go. Two trips, and there it was! The Piccolo of Flaming Fire, fun trinket and gleeful diversion in crowded areas (Shattrath Battlemasters work nicely, on an AV weekend.)

Still no Piccolo for the Hunter, but it'll come. He's parked at the backdoor of
Strat just waiting to head right back in.

UPDATE: Second Piccolo acquired!

Next on the list after I've gotten my Piccolo-fill?

Ramstein's Lightning Bolts from Ramstein the Gorger
Cannonball Runner from Cannon Master Willey

Then perhaps I'll try for a rare mount... that may require some help; I really want the tiger mount, or perhaps Baron's.

No comments: