Saturday, July 5, 2008

Updates, a few reasons why tanking is not all it could be

It's been a busy few weeks, and I haven't had time for an update.

But now, good readers, you get one.

Duty disbanded. Severe burnout and hatred of idiots among the officers, myself included, led to a decision to let it go. More on that another time, perhaps.

I am currently without a guild home. I've applied to a few guilds in hopes of finding one that doesn't make me crazy.

I've been doing a lot of tanking lately, and I've realized a few things about tanking. In terms of gameplay, it's very fun. It's extremely expensive, in direct proportion to how much your group sucks. Finally, when you tank, people expect you to be a certain kind of person.

Firstly, they expect you to only want tanking drops. I've tried to explain to SO many people that I need DPS gear; that I tank because it gets me spots, not because it's the only thing I like to do. I'm not asking to get first dibs on DPS gear; I just want to roll with the other physical DPS classes. In Sunwell trash farming, this issue comes up all the time. There are no tanking drops. I want the DPS drops. I'm here as a tank because it's what you needed.

Well, actually, I'm not here anymore, because I'm fed up eating 50g repair bills so 600DPS rogues can get Mounting Vengeance.

2 comments:

Zupa said...

It occurs to me that you, my friend, are in need of membership to a decent guild.

The thing about guilds is, most of them suck.

I am of the opinion that this is because most people suck, and it takes a long time to get a group of non-sucking people together.

Good luck, IMO look up your server's guilds on wowjutsu, figure out which guilds are up to where you want to raid, then apply to join them via their websites.

Best of luck!

Zupa said...

oh PS sorry to hear about Duty, but you may have just saved yourself endless hours of frustration ;)